Wednesday, July 22, 2015

SSW2-62: Sami Stamps


There are weeks when the mojo is sooo low.  This week was one.  I have to admit that I was REALLY grateful that I was the one writing the post over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.  It gave me the extra time to take another run at this week's sketch.

My first card was just a bit too busy.  I was not a fan of my paper choices.  I wasn't crazy about how I colored the cat ... frankly, I hated it.  So I decided to scrap the whole thing and start over.

I ran over to the Sami Stamps shop and bought a few more images.  BTW: I really do encourage a visit.  While you are there, check out the freebies tab.  Sami has some fantastic images for free and the one above is FREE with a $4.00 purchase.  That is a pretty amazing deal.

As you may have guessed, This week Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 is lucky enough to have Samantha Siemers Ratliff returning as our sponsor.   Sami has an ever expanding selection of digi images at Sami Stamps.

 But this story does have a happy ending.  I REALLY like my second card and ... as for my first card ... well, (sigh) you can never have too many birthday cards lying around!


5 comments:

  1. Such a cute card, Joanna I know what you mean about Mr & Mrs Mo Jo, I do a lot of my thinking about colours and papers whilst having a nice hot shower. Such a lovely image I do like your first card I just think that the sentiment might have been a too big, overpowering the image which was the focal point. Love your colours to both cards. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, gotta say, I love both cards!! Your paper piecing is wonderful. The second one I love the colors you used. You done good kid!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pair of cards Joanna, but I know what you mean if it doesn't look right to you then it probably never will. I love the colours on the second one too and the way you have coloured the hair.
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna, I love both of your cards! I just love the paper piecing of both and fun papers too! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your paper piecing. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete