Wednesday, April 30, 2014

SSW2: Dearie Dolls 217


Raise your hand if you can't believe May is almost here.  Holy cow, where did April go?  But in addition to being the last day of the month, it's also Wednesday so that means it's time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2.

Being the last Wednesday of the month, Sally has a sketch AND a twist.  This week we are playing crafty tic-tac-toe.  I went right down the center for my choices: stitching, design paper and jewels.  It was kind of a no-brainer since 99% of my cards have DP!  Looking at my card, I have to say that in hindsight, I should have stitched BEFORE I put the ribbon on!!  The ribbon looks puffy!  {{Sigh}} but it's a bit too late to fix that little problem now.  I'm blaming sleep deprivation for my poor choices!

Our sponsor is Mary Ellen from Dearie Dolls.  The great thing about this is that there is the fun of shopping for new images right away.  All her images are FREE.  Don't forget to leave her a bit of love when you download her images!

Hope to see you play this week!

4 comments:

  1. Well now ain't that sweet!!! Love your card...and you played by the rules!!!!! Hooray for you!!! What a great sentiment too, perfect with this wonderful image.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Joanna, you are too hard on yourself. I love the stitching over the top of the ribbon. It looks great. You image is darling too. We got snow this past Saturday. We only had one snow storm all winter and then we get hammered on saturday. go figure... It was a nasty day, It also has been down right cold the past couple of days too. Winter is finally here???? LOL
    Have a great week!
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the ribbon stitched to the card. It is a different kind of look. Just love the curlers in her hair. and brown and pink are my favorite color combo. Have a great rest of the week as well as weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Joanna you really made me smile with this card and image, especially with the curlers in her hair. Love your pink and brown combo and I adore it when I see others using it but my cards always look like s--t when I use this combo that why I say clear of it. Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete