Saturday, June 18, 2011

Go ahead and mock me ...


So my friend Wiggy gave me this image and the additional challenge of making a CAS card. For those of you not in the biz ... CAS means Clean And Simple: no layering, few embellishments, no designer paper. Simple. As you can see, it's not my favorite style. In fact, I think we can all agree that I really CAN'T do it.

Indeed while making the card I felt a bit like Scotty from Star Trek (I know, my nerd roots are showing) "Captain, I'm giving it all I've got but she just won't do it" (this has to be said in your best Scottish accent)

I like designer paper. I like layers. I like bling, sparkle and ribbon. The concessions I made to CAS were two: I used no designer paper. These are all embossing folders. And I used only one color and it is ... not my favorite color (tho I will admit that the yellow is very sunny and pretty on this card)

So there you have it, CAS as seen my me ... let the laughter begin.

Supplies:
Stamps: Unknown flower stamp, Phrase: SU
Embossing folders, bling, pop dots, ribbon, MS punch

4 comments:

  1. No laughter here, Joanna ! Your card is beautiful. The background paper looks like DP-it is embossed ? It looks great. I like the different Spellbinders and the punched border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. No laughing here! I love it and had a really hard time leaving some beautiful paper off too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is gorgeous, Joanna! Love every element of it!

    ReplyDelete