Thursday, May 5, 2011

Love Ya Mom


Using a kit from last round's Secret Sister (Denise) I sat down to make a card for my mom. After talking to several of my friends, I have come to realize that I am very lucky indeed when it comes to moms. So I'm taking a moment to say how much I appreciate her .... here!

Although the card turned out great, it was not a "great" crafting experience. I caught my hand in a Martha Stewart punch and in the process, when I jumped, I managed to knock down all my designer paper cabinets. Lovely paper rained down to the floor while I whimpered and the dog howled (he's deaf and I startled him). I didn't EVEN want to deal with the clean-up yesterday. I got most of it picked up and sorted today. I even managed to convince myself to part with some of the smaller pieces so it's actually NEATER than it was before!

For this card, I dusted off my poor neglected prisma pencils and used them. I also used the paper tole technique again. I really like how that looks.

Supplies:
Stampavie: Sarah Kay
Accessories: Pop Dots, Prisma Pencils, ribbon, butterfly charm

2 comments:

  1. Joanna, this is so cute, sweet and so pretty. I love how you colored her. You made her into a beautiful card. Any Mother would be thrilled to get this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Joanna! Your coloring with the prisma pencils looks great, love the softness. Your story made me laugh, sounds like something that would happen to me. I think your mom will love it, and you are right you are lucky to have her!

    ReplyDelete