Friday, September 10, 2010

U Cured?


I'm supposed to be calling Appliance repair stores even as we speak. This is the task that was "assigned" by my husband as he left this morning. Our microwave died yesterday (and when I say died, I mean there's no saving it ... black smoke, and a funky burnt plastic smell). But my husband is a frugal man. He is determined to save it despite the fact that the part (the magnetron) is $200 and a new microwave is on sale for $169. He will come to terms with it's loss by tonight and I'm pretty sure that we'll be packing up the kids to buy one tonight (a microwave ... not a kid).

In the meantime, I'm making get well soon cards. I have two friends who are sick and one who broke a collar bone so I need a few cards to send out. This is Leonard Pig from DRS Designs. I think he's pretty cute.

So to my sick friends (and their sick kids) I say "Feel Better" and to my ailing microwave I say "Rest in Pieces" and out with the old and in with the new! I'm off to go boil water on the stove for my tea.

All stamps DRS Designs: Are You Cured Sentiment, Leonard Pig Sick Day Blues, Lines O' Plenty
Accessories: ribbon, Nestibilities tag and circles, copics

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite DRS stamps -- love those puns! Great sketch and the red gingham is the perfect accent to this country ham!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That piggy is one of my favorite stamps too! Great card Joanna, I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one fo my favorite sentiments! Too funny!! Love the red dp back there!!

    ReplyDelete